Honey-Barbecue Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds whole chicken wings
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, barbecue sauce and honey. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add wings a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Transfer wings to a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 chicken wing equals 129 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Barbecue Chicken Wings
"Made this for the football game today & they were a hit! We will definitely be making this again. I didn't quite let the sauce boil. I didn't have the sodium free soy sauce so I took out the salt in the flour. I love salty foods and initially I thought it would be too salty but it ended up being terrific. I can't wait to make them again!"
"Delicious...and messy to eat! Never any leftovers."
"Wings were very tasty. Family liked them. I agree that the sauce became very dark. I wonder if using the microwave would help?"
"I gave this recipe 5 stars because it satisfied my husband AND my father. They didn't look like the picture at all, probably due to the bbq sauce I used. They are VERY sticky. I will make these again."
"These wings had potential. Unfortunately, boiling and reducing the sauce caused the sugars in the honey to camelize and taste a bit on the burnt side."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer