"I love chicken with pineapple, yet I wanted to try something different," explains Carrie Price of Uneeda, West Virginia. "So I came up with this sweet and tangy chicken that doesn't take long to prepare and only uses one pan."
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) honey barbecue sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set fruit and juice aside. Sprinkle chicken with curry powder. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides over medium-high heat in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and pineapple until vegetables are tender and pineapple is golden brown. Stir in barbecue sauce and reserved pineapple juice. Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey Barbecue Chicken in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p40
Reviews for Honey Barbecue Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2010
"This is absolutely delicious!! My husband and I both enjoyed this very much. The flavor just pops! Great recipe...thank you whoever submitted this one."