Honey Banana Sundaes
This simple, comforting, healthy dessert is a hit every time I serve it. It tops the list when my grandchildren come to visit.
—Pauline Sledge, Hamilton, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon toasted wheat germ
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, toss bananas with lemon juice. In a large nonstick
- skillet, cook bananas over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until heated
- through. Add honey and wheat germ. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or
- until honey is melted. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 274 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.