Honey Banana Muffins
Ground nutmeg enhances these delicious banana muffins from Gitel Alter of Brooklyn, New York. "They're moist and filling," she notes. "The best thing is they're healthy but don't taste it."
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (1 to 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the
- eggs, banana, applesauce and honey; stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in the raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with
- batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick
- comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to
- wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 14 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: One muffin equals 119 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 142 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.