Ground nutmeg enhances these delicious banana muffins from Gitel Alter of Brooklyn, New York. "They're moist and filling," she notes. "The best thing is they're healthy but don't taste it."
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (1 to 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, banana, applesauce and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 14 muffins.
Originally published as Honey Banana Muffins in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p11
Reviews for Honey Banana Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review