- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (1 to 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, banana, applesauce and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 14 muffins.
Reviews for Honey Banana Muffins
Sort By :
These are not very sweet, and I did have to bake almost twice as long as it says or i found it too spongey. But for a healthy muffin its ok, and surprisingly my kids loved them.
I thought these muffins were delicious, though I admittedly altered it significantly. I used on instead of applesauce (didn't have any), added cinnamon, used 1/2 c banana & 1/2 c pumpkin, only 4 T honey, and used 1/4 c mini choc chips instead of raisins
These baked up incredibly moist. I will use this as my base banana honey muffin from now on and change them up by substituting fruit, nuts , spices or extract flavours. Great recipe, thanks for submitting.
Very moist and easy. Everyone enjoyed them. I did substitute chopped pecans for the raisins because I didn't have any and also, to me, banana bread just isn't banana bread unless it has nuts!
I am not a nutmeg fan so i subsituted 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. They were great!