- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (1 to 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the eggs, banana, applesauce and honey; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 14 muffins.
Reviews for Honey Banana Muffins
Sort By :
I'v made about 4 different types of your healthy muffins and they are fantastic! I added some almond butter to mine. Thanks for the healthy recipes! I initially went to this site because these recipes don't use refined sugar. Life can be good with out the refined stuff :)
Moist and baked up beautifully. I doubled the recipe and substituted chopped walnuts for half of the raisins. Next time I will use sweetened applesauce and regular raisins, though. Just to bump up the sweetness.
These are not very sweet, and I did have to bake almost twice as long as it says or i found it too spongey. But for a healthy muffin its ok, and surprisingly my kids loved them.
I thought these muffins were delicious, though I admittedly altered it significantly. I used on instead of applesauce (didn't have any), added cinnamon, used 1/2 c banana & 1/2 c pumpkin, only 4 T honey, and used 1/4 c mini choc chips instead of raisins
These baked up incredibly moist. I will use this as my base banana honey muffin from now on and change them up by substituting fruit, nuts , spices or extract flavours. Great recipe, thanks for submitting.