As busy as summer is, it’s easy to sandwich in enough time to make these simple frozen confections. The cool, sweet ice cream filling between chocolate graham crackers is irresistible to kids of all ages.—Susan Asanovic, Wilton, Connecticut.
Featured In: 28 Easy No-Bake Summer Desserts
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried banana chips, chopped
- 10 whole chocolate graham crackers, halved
- 3/4 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate jimmies
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat milk and sugar until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk in honey. Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place in ice water and stir 2 minutes.
- Puree bananas; add to cooled milk mixture with 1 cup cream, extracts and salt. Press waxed paper onto surface of milk mixture. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form; fold into banana mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions, adding banana chips during last minute. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread ice cream onto each of 10 graham cracker halves. Top with remaining graham crackers; press down gently.
- In a shallow dish, combine peanuts and jimmies. Roll sides of ice cream sandwiches in peanut mixture. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet at least 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches in Country Woman June/July 2012, p32
Reviews for Honey-Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review