Honey-Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
As busy as summer is, it’s easy to sandwich in enough time to make these simple frozen confections. The cool, sweet ice cream filling between chocolate graham crackers is irresistible to kids of all ages.—Susan Asanovic, Wilton, Connecticut.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried banana chips, chopped
- 10 whole chocolate graham crackers, halved
- 3/4 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate jimmies
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, heat milk and sugar until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk in honey. Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place in ice water and stir 2 minutes.
- 2. Puree bananas; add to cooled milk mixture with 1 cup cream, extracts and salt. Press waxed paper onto surface of milk mixture. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form; fold into banana mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions, adding banana chips during last minute. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours.
- 4. To assemble sandwiches, spread ice cream onto each of 10 graham cracker halves. Top with remaining graham crackers; press down gently.
- 5. In a shallow dish, combine peanuts and jimmies. Roll sides of ice cream sandwiches in peanut mixture. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet at least 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
1 ice cream sandwich equals 459 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC