Honey-Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried banana chips, chopped
- 10 whole chocolate graham crackers, halved
- 3/4 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate jimmies
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat milk and sugar until bubbles form around sides of pan. Whisk in honey. Quickly transfer to a large bowl; place in ice water and stir 2 minutes.
- Puree bananas; add to cooled milk mixture with 1 cup cream, extracts and salt. Press waxed paper onto surface of milk mixture. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form; fold into banana mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions, adding banana chips during last minute. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours.
- To assemble sandwiches, spread ice cream onto each of 10 graham cracker halves. Top with remaining graham crackers; press down gently.
- In a shallow dish, combine peanuts and jimmies. Roll sides of ice cream sandwiches in peanut mixture. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet at least 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches in Country Woman June/July 2012, p32
Reviews for Honey-Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review