Honey Balsamic Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add the vinegar, honey and basil to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute. Return chicken to the pan; heat through, turning to coat with glaze. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 232 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Honey Balsamic Chicken
"Great flavor and super easy."
"This is a super-fast, delicious recipe. I add more honey and cut back the balsamic vinegar. It's my husband's favorite chicken!"
"This recipe was disappointing. I expected it to have a lot of flavor and it was actually kind of bland."
"I love the flavor, nice and sweet!"
"Very tender chicken, husband loved the flavor"
"Fast and easy. Perfect for 2 people.i did use 3 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar,but besides that it was a perfect recipe for us.this recipe will stay with us"
"This was really simple to make, fast, and tasted very impressive for so few ingredients! This goes in my recipe file."
"Unbelievably easy and quick! My 18month old daughter ate a piece and a half (!!), and my husband and I had seconds! If you have a Tastefully Simple rep near you, buy the Balsamic & Basil dipping oil - i sauteed my chicken in this instead of the canola oil - YUM YUM YUM!!! The seasonings were minimal but perfect - i threw on some crushed red pepper for a little extra kick."
"It was so incredibly easy and tastes amazing!!! My husband licked his plate clean! :)"
"I wasn't very impressed. It was VERY bland"
"This recipe is OMGsh soooo goood! It's super easy and fast. I did forget the basil, but, I didn't miss it at all."