Honey-Baked French Toast
A few years ago, my husband and I opened a bed-and-breakfast on our century-old dairy farm. Our guests always look forward to our hearty country breakfasts like this French toast.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 15 slices day-old French bread (cut diagonally 3/4/ inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, beat eggs with 2 tablespoons honey and cinnamon; stir in
- milk. Dip bread into egg mixture.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, arrange three rows of five
- slices of bread, overlapping slices slightly. Cover and chill 8
- hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before
- baking. Sprinkle brown sugar over bread; drizzle with butter and
- remaining honey.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 214 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.