A few years ago, my husband and I opened a bed-and-breakfast on our century-old dairy farm. Our guests always look forward to our hearty country breakfasts like this French toast.
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 15 slices day-old French bread (cut diagonally 3/4/ inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, beat eggs with 2 tablespoons honey and cinnamon; stir in milk. Dip bread into egg mixture.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, arrange three rows of five slices of bread, overlapping slices slightly. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle brown sugar over bread; drizzle with butter and remaining honey.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Baked French Toast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p37
Reviews for Honey-Baked French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review