- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 15 slices day-old French bread (cut diagonally 3/4/ inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, beat eggs with 2 tablespoons honey and cinnamon; stir in milk. Dip bread into egg mixture.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan, arrange three rows of five slices of bread, overlapping slices slightly. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Sprinkle brown sugar over bread; drizzle with butter and remaining honey.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Baked French Toast
"So delicious! The only change I made was to add frozen blueberries before baking."
"We enjoyed this sweet french toast with bacon, and it was a perfect sweet and salty combination. I only got 12 slices in the pan before I ran out of the egg mixture, maybe because I used whole wheat french bread. We didn't bother with syrup since it was already sweet."
"This was an excellent recipe and absolutely delicious. You do not need to add anything to it, just eat as is...this recipe is that tasty. Fresh fruit compliments the french toast nicely as well. I would make this again and have been sharing the recipe with everybody."
"Every time I make this, my guests and family rave about it. This has become one of my signature dishes! I serve it with fresh mixed berries."