Honey-Baked Chicken for Two
After our children left home, I had to learn to cook all over again, I began to economize on food purchases by buying some meats in quantity and freezing extras for future menus.
My husband especially loves this chicken recipe, which I pared down to fit our life-style today. Helen Whelan
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Place the chicken in a greased or foil-lined 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; cook
- and stir over low heat until well blended and heated through. Pour
- over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer
- reaches 17-°. Baste before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 538 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 872 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.