After our children left home, I had to learn to cook all over again, I began to economize on food purchases by buying some meats in quantity and freezing extras for future menus. My husband especially loves this chicken recipe, which I pared down to fit our life-style today. —Helen Whelan Jarrettsville, Maryland
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Place the chicken in a greased or foil-lined 9-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; cook and stir over low heat until well blended and heated through. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 17-°. Baste before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Honey Baked Chicken in Reminisce Extra June 1996, p47
Reviews for Honey-Baked Chicken for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review