Honey-Baked Bananas Recipe
I created this recipe one day out of desperation. We had invited guests for dinner, and about a half hour before they were due to arrive, I realized I had forgotten all about preparing a dessert! I discovered I had plenty of bananas on hand, so I "fancied" them up and baked them. It was a big hit! This is a great way to use up ripe bananas when you're getting weary of banana bread. -Claudette Mogle, Federal Way, Washington
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Whipped topping
- 1. Place the bananas in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the butter, honey and lemon juice; drizzle over bananas. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle each serving with coconut and pecans; top with a dollop of whipped topping. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 342 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Baked Bananas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC