I created this recipe one day out of desperation. We had invited guests for dinner, and about a half hour before they were due to arrive, I realized I had forgotten all about preparing a dessert!
I discovered I had plenty of bananas on hand, so I "fancied" them up and baked them. It was a big hit! This is a great way to use up ripe bananas when you're getting weary of banana bread.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- Whipped topping
- Place the bananas in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine the butter,
- honey and lemon juice; drizzle over bananas. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle each
- serving with coconut and pecans; top with a dollop of whipped
- topping. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 342 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.