These tender apples smell so good while they're in the oven-and taste even better. We enjoy the golden raisins inside and the soothing taste of honey. They're a yummy change from the cinnamon and sugar seasoning traditionally used with apples.
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 large tart apples
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water, brown sugar and honey to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Core apples and peel the top third of each. Place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Fill apples with raisins; sprinkle any remaining raisins into pan. Pour sugar syrup over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until tender, basting occasionally. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey Baked Apples in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p35
Reviews for Honey Baked Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review