- honey to a boil. Drop bagels, one at a time, into boiling water.
- Cook bagels for 45 seconds; turn and cook 45 seconds longer. Remove
- bagels with a slotted spoon; drain and sprinkle with onion, sesame
- and poppy seeds.
- Place bagels 2 in. apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425° for 12 minutes. Turn and bake 5 minutes longer or
- until golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bagel equals 243 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.