- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg whites, honey and extract; set aside. In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center; add egg white mixture. Stir until moistened. Fold in apricots.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray; dust with flour. Divide the dough in half. On a prepared baking sheet, shape each portion 6 in. apart into a 12-in. x 2-in. rectangle.
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices.
- Place cut side down on baking sheets. Bake for 7 minutes; turn over and bake 7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Honey Apricot Biscotti
"I didn't have any anise extract so I used vanilla and added anise seed. Everybody loves them so I will make them the same way next time."
"I don't like anise, so i substituted with almond extract instead. I found it a little strong in flavour so may try 1/4 tsp instead of half next time. Over all still a good recipe, and the kids enjoyed them as well."