Honey-Apple Turkey Breast
I found this recipe in a diabetics’ cookbook. We really like the honey flavor. The sweetness comes through when I use the leftovers in casseroles and soups, too.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice concentrate, honey and
- mustard. Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes or just until blended,
- stirring occasionally.
- Place turkey breast on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan;
- pour honey mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°, basting with pan juices every 30
- minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 12-14
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer