I found this recipe in a diabetics’ cookbook. We really like the honey flavor. The sweetness comes through when I use the leftovers in casseroles and soups, too.
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, combine apple juice concentrate, honey and mustard. Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes or just until blended, stirring occasionally.
- Place turkey breast on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan; pour honey mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Apple Turkey Breast in Country Extra November 2007, p49
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Honey-Apple Turkey Breast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review