I found this recipe in a diabetics’ cookbook. We really like the honey flavor. The sweetness comes through when I use the leftovers in casseroles and soups, too.
Recommended: 30 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, combine apple juice concentrate, honey and mustard. Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes or just until blended, stirring occasionally.
- Place turkey breast on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan; pour honey mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Apple Turkey Breast in Country Extra November 2007, p49
Reviews for Honey-Apple Turkey Breast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2015
"Unfortunately the sauce did not penetrate into the turkey itself leaving the meat a little bland. I was really hoping that this was going to be delicious for as long as it took to make. Disappointed."