Honey Apple Salad Recipe
Meet the Cook: All my favorite recipes are quick, simple and tasty. I came across this salad while looking for something to make with honey. Substituting several of the ingredients, I served it to my husband and two teenage daughters. It was a hit! -Mary Lou Hawkins, Brook Park, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3-1/2 cups diced red apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add grapes, celery and dates.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey, sour cream and salt. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Stir in nuts. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 282 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC