Meet the Cook: All my favorite recipes are quick, simple and tasty. I came across this salad while looking for something to make with honey. Substituting several of the ingredients, I served it to my husband and two teenage daughters. It was a hit! -Mary Lou Hawkins, Brook Park, Ohio
- 3-1/2 cups diced red apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add grapes, celery and dates.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey, sour cream and salt. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Stir in nuts. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Honey Apple Salad in Country Woman September/October 1997, p31
Reviews for Honey Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review