Meet the Cook: All my favorite recipes are quick, simple and tasty. I came across this salad while looking for something to make with honey. Substituting several of the ingredients, I served it to my husband and two teenage daughters. It was a hit! -Mary Lou Hawkins, Brook Park, Ohio
- 3-1/2 cups diced red apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add grapes, celery and dates.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, honey, sour cream and salt. Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Stir in nuts. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Honey Apple Salad in Country Woman September/October 1997, p31
Reviews for Honey Apple Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2014
"Didn't care for the taste of mayonnaise....maybe will make again and use yogurt as MBilllman suggested. Otherwise, pretty good."
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2011
"Substituted plain yogurt for the mayonnaise. Very nice fruit salad."