I learned to cook from my grandmother and fondly recall canning fruits and vegetables with her each summer. Her memory lives on whenever I make satisfying meals such as this.
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients; add pork roast. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place the roast in a disposable foil pan. Prepare grill for indirect heat.
- Grill pork , covered, over indirect medium-low heat for 1-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Honey-and-Herb Grilled Pork Roast in Country Pork 1996, p109
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Honey-and-Herb Grilled Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review