Honey and Cherry Chutney Recipe
'This recipe came from an all cherry cookbook I found at a farmer's market. Be prepared with extra copies of this recipe, one bite and everyone will ask for it!" Kitty Stout, Madison, Ohio
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the first seven ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup equals 209 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Honey and Cherry Chutney
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC