'This recipe came from an all cherry cookbook I found at a farmer's market. Be prepared with extra copies of this recipe, one bite and everyone will ask for it!" Kitty Stout, Madison, Ohio
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small saucepan, bring the first seven ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in walnuts.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Honey and Cherry Chutney in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p26
Reviews for Honey and Cherry Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review