Seasoned nut mixes can be expensive to buy. So I buy unblanched almonds to toast and season at home. The sweet honey and spicy cayenne pepper come together beautifully.—Patty Getzin, Wenatchee, Washington
Featured In: Pear Desserts
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Arrange almonds in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, salt and cayenne; set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add roasted almonds and honey; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; cook 1 minute longer or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; add reserved sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Honey & Spice Roasted Almonds in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p242
Reviews for Honey & Spice Roasted Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review