Honey & Spice Roasted Almonds Recipe
Seasoned nut mixes can be expensive to buy. So I buy unblanched almonds to toast and season at home. The sweet honey and spicy cayenne pepper come together beautifully.Patty Getzin, Wenatchee, Washington
- 1-1/2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Arrange almonds in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, salt and cayenne; set aside. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add roasted almonds and honey; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; cook 1 minute longer or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; add reserved sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Immediately spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Honey & Spice Roasted Almonds in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p242
Reviews for Honey & Spice Roasted Almonds(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Appetizer Snack Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Nut Snacks >