- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first six ingredients; rub over chicken. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine honey and vinegar; baste over chicken during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Save three chicken breast halves for Chicken Chimichangas (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Yield: 5 servings plus 3 cooked chicken breast halves.
Reviews for Honey & Spice Baked Chicken
"I thought this was tasty. I will decrease the amount of chili pepper next time for my taste. My whole family enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to make too."
"This was awesome. I put the rub and basting sauce on pork chops as oppose to chicken. My husband said they were the best pork chops he's ever had. If you brown the chicken/chops in a cast iron skillet prior to putting in the oven, you get a lovely caramelization on the meat."
"I wondered If anyone has tried this without the honey and vinegar I thought it smelled really delicious when I open the oven to add the sauce"
"We did not like this at all. I'm dreading having to eat it again tonight. Do you think it could have been because I used tenderloins instead of whole chicken breasts? Maybe it just isn't our style, 'cause neither of us liked it. I'm going to try it in the tortillas and see if it's any better."
"We grilled this instead off asking but it was still great! A quick & easy main dish!"