- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first six ingredients; rub over chicken. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine honey and vinegar; baste over chicken during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Save three chicken breast halves for Chicken Chimichangas (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Yield: 5 servings plus 3 cooked chicken breast halves.
Reviews for Honey & Spice Baked Chicken
Sort By :
"We grilled this instead off asking but it was still great! A quick & easy main dish!"
"Not enough sauce, but wonderful flavor!"
"This was good, but not great. I cut down on the chili powder and cayenne since my husband and son don't care for spicy foods. Personally didn't think it had that much flavor, and like another reviewer said, the honey mixture just ran off the chicken while it was cooking.Update: I used the leftover chicken to make the baked chimichangas the next day so I was able to save this chicken that my family thought was just good, but not great."
"This was excellent, though I had to cut back on the cayenne......I only put 1/4 teaspoon and that was plenty of heat. My husband even thought it was good and spicy, and he would have doubled the cayenne had he been in the kitchen with me when I was making it. So easy, too. Perfect for a weeknight!"
"We loved the flavor, but yes, there was some heat in the rub. We offset that with a side of sour cream topped shredded lettuce. As dkarvin suggested in a December review, the leftovers will be used to make a wonderful southwestern entree later in the week."