- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first six ingredients; rub over chicken. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine honey and vinegar; baste over chicken during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Save three chicken breast halves for Chicken Chimichangas (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Yield: 5 servings plus 3 cooked chicken breast halves.
Reviews for Honey & Spice Baked Chicken
"Pretty good flavor."
"Such a delicious and healthy dish!"
"If you like dry rub on chicken, this one's for you!"
"I wondered If anyone has tried this without the honey and vinegar I thought it smelled really delicious when I open the oven to add the sauce"
"Update- I tried this again, and we did not like it.. again. However, the second night we had it (leftovers), I remembered to baste the chick with the honey and cider vinegar, and it was a little better. Still not a big fan, but if I try this again, I am going to do as another reader did, and use the honey and cider as a dipping sauce."
"Not enough sauce, but wonderful flavor!"