- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first six ingredients; rub over chicken. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine honey and vinegar; baste over chicken during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Save three chicken breast halves for Chicken Chimichangas (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Yield: 5 servings plus 3 cooked chicken breast halves.
Reviews forHoney & Spice Baked Chicken
"Pretty good flavor."
"Such a delicious and healthy dish!"
"If you like dry rub on chicken, this one's for you!"
"I thought this was tasty. I will decrease the amount of chili pepper next time for my taste. My whole family enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to make too."
"I wondered If anyone has tried this without the honey and vinegar I thought it smelled really delicious when I open the oven to add the sauce"
"Update- I tried this again, and we did not like it.. again. However, the second night we had it (leftovers), I remembered to baste the chick with the honey and cider vinegar, and it was a little better. Still not a big fan, but if I try this again, I am going to do as another reader did, and use the honey and cider as a dipping sauce."
"We grilled this instead off asking but it was still great! A quick & easy main dish!"
"Not enough sauce, but wonderful flavor!"