Bring summertime flavor to the table any time of year with this moist chicken entree that will remind you of backyard barbecues. The hint of heat is tempered by sweet honey, but for pickier palates, simply decrease the cayenne pepper. —Lisa Gnyp, Shelby Township, Michigan
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first six ingredients; rub over chicken. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Combine honey and vinegar; baste over chicken during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Save three chicken breast halves for Chicken Chimichangas (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Yield: 5 servings plus 3 cooked chicken breast halves.
Originally published as Honey & Spice Baked Chicken in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p21
Reviews for Honey & Spice Baked Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review