For weeknights, holidays and special events, we make a sweet and tangy carrot dish flavored with ginger, lemon juice and honey. Make it ahead and reheat in the oven if needed or swap out the almonds for pecans. —Laura Mims, Little Elm, Texas
Recommended: 23 Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and return to pan.
- Add raisins, honey, butter, lemon juice, ginger and salt; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until carrots are tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey & Ginger Glazed Carrots in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015, p1-16
Reviews for Honey & Ginger Glazed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review