Hominy Taco Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Corn chips, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next 11 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve half of the chili with corn chips if desired. Freeze remaining chili in a freezer container for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen chili: Thaw in the refrigerator. Transfer to a large saucepan; heat through, adding water if desired. Yield: 2 batches (5 servings each).
Reviews for Hominy Taco Chili(5)
Sort By :
Loved this and it makes a large portion that feeds my large family with leftovers for lunch.
We make a version of this that we also call taco soup, but it doesn't have as many beans or the hominy. I don't think I'd add the cumin the next time, as that was what I could taste predominantly, whereas with the taco soup I can taste the taco seasoning. It's fun to try something different, though.
This recipe is so good. I added more water to make a soup instead of chili. I start with dried beans and dried hominy to make it cheaper to make than buying cans. I will make this recipe often.
This is the same recipe I make only I call it
Taco Soup...Inredients are identical.
and I serve my Taco Soup with slices of avacado on top, and tortilla strips I have
tinely sliced and fried or baked..
I substitute ground turkey for the beef as well as rotel tomatoes for the stewed tomatoes. I like beans a lot so I usually add kidney beans too.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Soup Recipes >
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Low Fat Chili Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >
- Mexican Soups >