Hominy Sausage Soup Recipe
- 1/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup canned hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Crumble sausage into a small skillet. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. In a small saucepan, toast cumin seeds over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Add coriander and cayenne; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- 2. Add the broth, hominy, jalapeno, pepper and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Stir in cilantro. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 276 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1768mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Hominy Sausage Soup
"I used green chilies instead of jalapenoes and it was very yummy!"