- 1 pound pork chop suey meat
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Warmed flour tortillas, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, sliced green onions and lime wedges, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the pork, chili, hominy, tomato sauce, onion and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Serve with tortillas and toppings if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Hominy Pork Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p21
Reviews for Hominy Pork Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review