- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cornmeal, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs in oil in batches. Drain.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the hominy, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and taco seasoning. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add meatballs. Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Hominy Meatball Stew
Sort By :
Love this recipe. My husband is sceptical of new and different recipes, howevr he does like this alot. I also cook it in dutch oven when camping.
Love this recipe!!! I substituted menudo seasoning for the taco seasoning...kinda like menudo without the extra work of cleaning the tripe.