- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, cornmeal, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 3/4-in. balls.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs in oil in batches. Drain.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the hominy, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and taco seasoning. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add meatballs. Cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Hominy Meatball Stew
Sort By :
"This might have been good without the tomato sauce. As is did not like it."
"Love this recipe. My husband is sceptical of new and different recipes, howevr he does like this alot. I also cook it in dutch oven when camping."
"Love this recipe!!! I substituted menudo seasoning for the taco seasoning...kinda like menudo without the extra work of cleaning the tripe."