I love hominy so I made a casserole featuring it. It is easy to make and I love serving it as a side dish.—Marion Thurman, Crossett, Arkansas
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) golden hominy, drained
- In a small skillet, cook onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook
- 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine
- onion mixture, sour cream, half of the cheese, milk, chilies and
- cumin. Stir in hominy.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining
- cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.