Hominy Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) golden hominy, drained
- 1. In a small skillet, cook onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine onion mixture, sour cream, half of the cheese, milk, chilies and cumin. Stir in hominy.
- 2. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 120 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Hominy Casserole
"Delicious! Found it stayed a little too runny. Think I'll try omiting the milk next time."
"My high school boys loved this, saying 'this is good' on their first bite. I folded in shredded leftover pot roast beef before I baked it. The tips of beef sticking out had a nice nutty taste."
"We did not enjoy this recipe at all. Perhaps our Minnesota roots are too far north to appreciate hominy."