- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) golden hominy, drained
- In a small skillet, cook onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine onion mixture, sour cream, half of the cheese, milk, chilies and cumin. Stir in hominy.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Hominy Casserole in Country Woman July/August 1993, p35
Reviews for Hominy Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2009
"Delicious! Found it stayed a little too runny. Think I'll try omiting the milk next time."
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2009
"We did not enjoy this recipe at all. Perhaps our Minnesota roots are too far north to appreciate hominy."