I love hominy so I made a casserole featuring it. It is easy to make and I love serving it as a side dish.—Marion Thurman, Crossett, Arkansas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) golden hominy, drained
- In a small skillet, cook onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine onion mixture, sour cream, half of the cheese, milk, chilies and cumin. Stir in hominy.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Hominy Casserole in Country Woman July/August 1993, p35
Reviews for Hominy Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review