- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) golden hominy, drained
- In a small skillet, cook onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine onion mixture, sour cream, half of the cheese, milk, chilies and cumin. Stir in hominy.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Hominy Casserole
"I agree with Angela Sandoval--the casserole needed to be baked longer and still was too liquidy, but boy, was it tasty! We also used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, and found it did not diminish any flavor. We added chicken to the recipe too. Yum!"
"Delicious! Found it stayed a little too runny. Think I'll try omiting the milk next time."
"My high school boys loved this, saying 'this is good' on their first bite. I folded in shredded leftover pot roast beef before I baked it. The tips of beef sticking out had a nice nutty taste."
"We did not enjoy this recipe at all. Perhaps our Minnesota roots are too far north to appreciate hominy."