Hominy Beef Chili Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown beef in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon to a 5-qt. slow cooker; discard drippings.
- 2. Stir in hominy, broth, tomatoes, red pepper, onion, chilies, garlic and seasonings. Cook, covered on low 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in corn; heat through. If desired, serve with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional ingredients): 401 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Hominy Beef Chili
"Comforting but zesty. Great on a wintry evening. Served with artisan whole wheat bread. Yum."