Hominy Beef Chili Recipe
Hunker down for the night and get cozy with this filling chili. Loaded with beef chuck roast and convenient staples, such as diced tomatoes, green chilies and seasonings, it’s a satisfying supper that would be yummy served with a side of warm tortillas or tortilla chips for dipping. —Steve Westphal, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown beef in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon to a 5-qt. slow cooker; discard drippings.
- 2. Stir in hominy, broth, tomatoes, red pepper, onion, chilies, garlic and seasonings. Cook, covered on low 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in corn; heat through. If desired, serve with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
1-1/2 cups (calculated without optional ingredients): 401 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Hominy Beef Chili
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC