Hominy Beef Chili Recipe
Hunker down for the night and get cozy with this filling chili. Loaded with beef chuck roast and convenient staples, such as diced tomatoes, green chilies and seasonings, it’s a satisfying supper that would be yummy served with a side of warm tortillas or tortilla chips for dipping. —Steve Westphal, Wind Lake, Wisconsin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown beef in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon to a 5-qt. slow cooker; discard drippings.
- Stir in hominy, broth, tomatoes, red pepper, onion, chilies, garlic and seasonings. Cook, covered on low 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in corn; heat through. If desired, serve with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Hominy Beef Chili in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p17
Reviews for Hominy Beef Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2012
Comforting but zesty. Great on a wintry evening. Served with artisan whole wheat bread. Yum.