- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips, crushed
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the hominy, chili, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with corn chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hominy Beef Bake in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p51
Reviews for Hominy Beef Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2015
"This was just ok. It was a bit too dry. If I make it again I will add some extra liquid. Maybe more tomato sauce."