Hominy Beef Bake Recipe
"I received this recipe from a friend more than 20 years ago and have been using it ever since," notes Jean Stokes. Corn chips create a tasty topping on a nicely spiced mixture of ground beef, hominy and chili. "Even my meat-and-potatoes husband likes it!" assures the Sacramento, California cook.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips, crushed
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the hominy, chili, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with corn chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hominy Beef Bake in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p51
Reviews for Hominy Beef Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >