Hominy Bean Salad Recipe
Chock-full of fresh and canned beans, this colorful salad is perfect for potluck. De Loris Lawson of Carthage, Missouri sent the recipe. She writes, "I am a great-grandmother who loves to cookfrom fancy meals for company to simple bean and corn bread suppers."
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place green beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a serving bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, hominy, black beans, celery, onion and red pepper.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over vegetables and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hominy Bean Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p21
Reviews for Hominy Bean Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2012
Such a great blend of flavors. My family likes it even for a snack.
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Salad Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >