"The addition of whole-wheat flour to these buttery noodles pumps up the nutrition and fiber of this special side dish." Paula Young - Tiffin, Ohio
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 4 quarts water, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the flours and 2 teaspoons salt. Make a well in the center. Whisk the eggs, 1/2 cup water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a dough. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Divide into fourths. Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut widthwise into 1/2-in. strips; cut strips into 6-in. lengths. Let noodles rest on a clean towel for at least 1 hour.
- In a Dutch oven, bring remaining water to a rapid boil. Add noodles; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In the same pan, cook the butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Add the noodles, pepper and remaining salt; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Noodles in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p63
Reviews for Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2015
"Great recipe. My husband now tells me he is spoiled with homemade pasta. I just wanted a whole wheat pasta recipe. Didn't make it in the oil."