Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta Recipe
"The addition of whole-wheat flour to these buttery noodles pumps up the nutrition and fiber of this special side dish." Paula Young - Tiffin, Ohio
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 4 quarts water, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the flours and 2 teaspoons salt. Make a well in the center. Whisk the eggs, 1/2 cup water and oil; pour into well. Stir together, forming a dough. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Divide into fourths. Roll each portion into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut widthwise into 1/2-in. strips; cut strips into 6-in. lengths. Let noodles rest on a clean towel for at least 1 hour.
- In a Dutch oven, bring remaining water to a rapid boil. Add noodles; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In the same pan, cook the butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Add the noodles, pepper and remaining salt; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Homemade Noodles in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p63
Reviews for Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- German Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >