Homemade Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
Served between your favorite bakery cookies, the easy ice cream in this recipe makes an irresistible dessert. The recipe comes together in a matter of minutes, then cools in your freezer for yummy enjoyment any time.—Megumi Garcia, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, melted
- 18 chocolate chip or sugar cookies (3 inches)
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips, chocolate jimmies, chopped unsalted peanuts or flaked coconut, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and butter; stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Stir in condensed milk.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk mixture. Divide between two freezer containers. Stir melted chocolate into one container until well blended. Cover and freeze both mixtures for 6 hours or until firm.
- 3. To make ice cream sandwiches, spread a 1/3 of a cup of ice cream on bottoms of half of the cookies. Cover with remaining cookies; press down gently. If desired, roll sides of ice cream sandwiches in chocolate chips, jimmies, peanuts or coconut. Wrap each in plastic wrap; freeze on a baking sheet until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 317 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Homemade Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC