- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1-2/3 cups each sliced peeled peaches, nectarines and apricots
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to plate; trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, nectarines, apricots and lemon juice. Combine the brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit and toss gently to coat. Pour into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; make decorative cutouts. Set cutouts aside. Place top crust over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Moisten cutouts with a small amount of water; place on top of pie.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Triple-Fruit Pie in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p53
Reviews for Homemade Triple-Fruit Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review