Homemade Trail Mix Recipe
Prepackaged trail mix doesn't compare to this fun homemade variety of dried fruit, nuts, cereal and chocolate chips.—Michael Vyskocil, Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried apple slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 253 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC