Prepackaged trail mix doesn't compare to this fun homemade variety of dried fruit, nuts, cereal and chocolate chips.—Michael Vyskocil, Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 27 Protein Powerhouse Snacks
- 1/2 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried apple slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Trail Mix in Taste of Home August/September 2004
Reviews for Homemade Trail Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 15, 2013
"This is by far the best trail mix I have made. The apples and cheerios put it over the top."