Prepackaged trail mix doesn't compare to this fun homemade variety of dried fruit, nuts, cereal and chocolate chips.—Michael Vyskocil, Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup unblanched whole almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried apple slices, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Trail Mix in Taste of Home August/September 2004
Reviews for Homemade Trail Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 15, 2013
"This is by far the best trail mix I have made. The apples and cheerios put it over the top."