I usually have to double this recipe because we go through them quickly. Tender, chewy and simple, you'll never use store-bought tortillas again. —Kristin Van Dyken, West Richland, Washington
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in water and oil. Turn
- onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times, adding a little flour or
- water if needed to achieve a smooth dough. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into eight portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll
- each portion into a 7-in. circle.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook tortillas
- over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
- Keep warm. Yield: 8 tortillas.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tortilla equals 159 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.