Homemade Taco Seasoning
You'll be surprised how fast and delicious this recipe from the Taste of Home Test Kitchen can be. By combining spices already in your spice rack, you'll create a traditional taco seasoning without a trip to the grocery store.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 8 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight
- container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 2 teaspoons equals 16 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.